Whey, what is, how can it be prepared? Composition and caloric content of fermented milk drink, beneficial and harmful properties. Recipes and interesting facts. Women should know how the serum is healthy. Introduction to the diet helps to prevent development (candida infection). And external use – to put in the vagina – is practiced to normalize the microflora and treat vulvovaginitis. Regular use enables you to lose weight.
The homemade serum is most beneficial. It can be introduced as an ingredient in cosmetics – face and hair masks. Such an additive eliminates pigmentation, softens the skin, saturates it with valuable substances, stimulates the work of hair follicles, and relieves acne and dandruff.
For medical purposes, drink up to 1 glass of the drink per day. It can be divided into several tricks. If the goal is to lose weight, drink 30 minutes before a meal, and recover afterward to improve nutrient absorption.
Contraindications and harm in serum
There are very few contraindications for using the product.
Serum can harm:
- With lactase deficiency – casein intolerance;
- With a tendency to diarrhea – the product has a pronounced laxative effect.
You should not include fermented milk drinks in the diet with exacerbation of gastritis and peptic ulcers against increased acidity, pancreatitis, and gallstone disease. In other cases, if the recommended dose is not exceeded – 1-2 glasses per day, there will be no deterioration.
It is not recommended to store a fermented milk drink for more than 4 days, even in the refrigerator. The acidified product causes vigorous fermentation, increased intestinal production, nausea, and diarrhea.
Whey and drink recipes
They knead the dough, prepare hot and cold dishes, and make drinks for weight loss based on whey. The dough of the buns and buns cooked in fermented milk drink is much softer than those cooked in water.
Delicious whey recipes:
- Summer okroshka … Slice for refreshing soup: fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, boiled eggs and potatoes, smoked sausage or chicken, herbs – onions, parsley, and dill. Everything is mixed in arbitrary quantities, poured with whey, and seasoned with sour cream.
- Cheesebushka… Cook 2-3 slices of potatoes, 1 carrot – in strips, and half a whole onion. They absorb enough water to cover the vegetables—season with beans of various peppers to taste and bay leaves. When there are 2-3 minutes left until the potatoes are ready, remove the cooked half of the onion and add the sliced second half. A little prepared vegetable broth is poured, 2-3 tablespoons of corn flour are diluted. Put the pan on the fire again, add 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic, a piece of butter – 20 g, cut with whey so that the thick soup becomes liquid, add salt, and pepper, let it boil, and turn off. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped herbs – coriander and dill, seasoned with sour cream. Can use salt in broth preparation, but it is impossible to assess the taste accurately at that stage.
- Vareniki … They set the liver to cook, 600 g, for the filling and add suneli hops for the taste. Knead the dough: 200 g of whey, 3-3, 5 cups of flour, salt, and a little baking soda. The dough should be soft and elastic. The boiled liver is passed through a meat grinder with onions; the mince is salted, peppered, and mixed. The dough is rolled out; a mug is cut out with a glass – future buns. Place the filling in the center of each, pinching the edges tightly. They put a pot of whey on the boil, poured some vegetable oil into it, and added bay leaves. Dumplings are lowered carefully into a bowl of boiling liquid. As soon as they come up, cook for 5 minutes and then carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
- Dead pancakes … Beat the egg with 4 tablespoons of sugar until foamy, pour in 2 cups of whey, add a quarter teaspoon of soda licked with lemon juice, and add flour. You need to get some consistent structure. The dough is left warm so that air bubbles can appear. They are baked in sunflower oil, turning while cooking, and eaten with sour cream, honey, or jam.
- Ricotta cheese … The thick whey is cooked with apple cider vinegar. Proportions: 1 liter of whey and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Bring to a boil, turn off, and leave covered for 2 hours. Sieve through cheesecloth. Cheese is pressed out, and the cheese is formed.
- Mousse … Gelatin, a tablespoon, is soaked in cold water for 30 minutes. 100 g of chocolate is heated to the first bubbles, 200 g of whey is diluted, and vanilla is poured in and stirred well. Pour into a mold and place on the fridge shelf.
- Kvass … 3 tablespoons of dried celandine flowers are wrapped in cheesecloth and placed on the bottom of a glass jar. Pour 3 liters of fermented milk drink, add a teaspoon of sour cream and a glass of sugar, leave to infuse for 2 weeks in a dark place, and cover the neck with gauze in several layers. The mold is removed, and the gauze is changed. At the end of the fermentation, it is filtered.
- Cocktail with fruit … The bowl of the mixer is filled with a glass of whey, 50 g of any berries or fruits, and a tablespoon of honey. Beat. Ice cubes are added for cooling.
You can do without berries. Syrup, sugar, and even ice cream are added to the whey to improve the taste.
Interesting facts about whey
Whey is a by-product of the production of cottage cheese, cheese, and fermented milk drinks. The cloudy liquid found use first in cosmetics, then in medicine, and more recently in the diet.
In the 18th century, the product was called the elixir of youth. The patients were hospitalized in special sanatoriums, which the leading pharmaceutical company used for oral and external use. Patients were treated for tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, gastric ulcers, biliary diseases, and secondary inflammation. The minimum daily dose was 3-4 liters of drink. The treatment plan included douching, baths, enemas, and nasal irrigation.
Modern recipes based on homemade whey:
- For gout and arthritis. If you drink 500 ml of the drink a day in equal doses, you can prevent the aggravation of the disease—prevention course – 2 weeks.
- From varicose veins. Pour 6 chopped fresh mint leaves with a glass of hot whey, leave to infuse for half an hour, and cover with a lid. Take 100 ml 30 minutes before each meal for 21 days.
- From intoxication due to ARVI and influenza. 1.5 tablespoons of honey are diluted in a glass of the drink; 2-2.5 glasses are drunk daily.
The fermented milk product is used as an ingredient for cosmetics as follows:
- It is enough to replace the shampoo with a serum to make the hair manageable.
- To restore the quality of the nails, you need to take a bath of heated serum and jojoba oil.
- The serum is prepared for acne at home; 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of milk are added to 200 ml of liquid. Store the lotion in the refrigerator.
From age-related changes, the fermented milk product is frozen in molds. A mask is made – 2 tablespoons of the drink and 3 tablespoons of pea flour. Apply to cleansed skin for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water and massage your face with ice cubes.
Can use the drink for packaging. It will help soften the skin and get rid of cellulite.
These are not all the beneficial properties of fermented milk products. Can use the rest of the potion to feed native plants.
Whey retains all the valuable properties of the raw material and can be used in any economic zone.